Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Self-Discipline on the way to Self-Mastery?

What sometimes feels like a gazillion years ago, my high school study hall teacher signed my 9th grade year book stating something to the effect that he had never seen a student with the level of self-discipline I had shown.  At the time, I didn't really know if that was a good thing or a bad thing.  Did I want to be known as a person who was in control?

Today, as I reflect back over the years I can readily admit there are times when it has served me well.  And, other times when...well, that slice of triple fudge chocolate cake was just to overpowering to resist.  Self-discipline flew out the window and I savored every bite!

There is alot to be said for being the master of your world.  How it can put that extra "giddy up" in your step.  Please enjoy this short message by Randy Gage.

The Magic of Self Mastery by Randy Gage

Great discussion going on the last post about self-control. There isn’t a whole lot more I would add.  Other than that self-control is the way to self-mastery, and that is living life at the ultimate level of prosperity…

When you control your senses, you experience optimal health, energy and vitality.  When you control your thoughts, you get the most repose, harmony and spiritual bliss.
You can’t command things, but you can command your thoughts.  You can’t coerce others to do things against their will, but you can mold and master your own will.  That is the path to self-mastery.

And people who are masters of themselves attract people that want to follow them.  It may be the most attractive, compelling, and charismatic feature anyone can ever possess.  But more important is the inner harmony it brings you.

I am in complete astonishment at the revelations and ecstasy that comes to you when you achieve self-mastery.  I am filled with joy and the grandeur of the prospect, and the actual majesty of its almost achievement.   And I say almost, because I’m certainly not there yet.  But ever day I get closer brings me more joy than I can even describe.  This is the real prosperity we look for.

Ain’t it great!  -RG

Yes, Randy - it is.  It's an on going process that someday I hope to master.

What about you?  Where are you on your quest for self-mastery?

-NK



Related Articles:

1 comment: